This has become one of my favorite recipes to make. Depending on the day, my children enjoy these fritters as well! I have baked them and fried them in a pan...Of course the baked is better for you, but fried gives them a crispier taste. Because this recipe makes enough for 12 people.. I prepare the entire recipe and then freeze the left overs.
Makes 12 servings
7 cups zucchini coarsely grated
1 1/3 cups Parmesan cheese
4 large eggs beaten
8 tablespoons flour
Olive oil as needed
4 medium onions
8 cloves garlic
2-3 chile pepper
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Squeeze all excess moisture out of the zucchini.
2. Combine zucchini with parmesan cheese, eggs, flour, S&P.
3. Heat oil to cover the base of a skillet. Using about 1/8 cup of fritter mixture, portion out fritters. Do not over crowd the pan.
4. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and set.
5. Drain and keep hot until service
1. Cook onions and garliv in olive oil. Cool.
2. Transfer to the food processor. Add chilies and sugar. Blend till smooth.
3. Put in saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the liquid evaporates.