Last week, while I attended the Farm to Table conference in Pittsburgh, I had the opportunity to try a few fresh and appealing salads! These recipes are fom Fable Table, a catering business. fabledtable.com
1 large zucchini
2 sm seedless oranges or Clementine's peeled and segmented
1 sm red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, washed and trimmed
1-2 large oranges for fresh juice & zest
1. Wash and trim zucchini, julienne into 2 inch strips. Place in large bowl.
2. Combined orange segments, onion, and parsley then place in bowl with zucchini.
3. Zest orange, then slice orange and squeeze juice onto ingredients in bowl. Gently toss.
4. Season lightly with salt & pepper, if desired.
Corn & Tomato Salad
1 1/2 cups corn, cooked & cooled
6 ounces white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp rosemary seasoning
4 medium Roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2" slices
3 cup fresh Spinach, coarsely chopped
1. Cook corn with 1/4 of the vinegar and rosemary in microwave for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Toss sliced tomatoes & spinach in same bowl as cooled corn.
3. Add remaining vinegar
4. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving