Friday, March 5, 2010

French Dressing!

Here it is! Over the passed couple years at work, we have working on making all of our own salad dressings. Just from the cost, it is much cheaper. But, my drive to make our own dressings, is to reduce the amount of processed foods that we pass on to our children. That is what we are doing, by purchasing these products, we are continuing the habits. Let us break the mold! I was speaking with a friend today about macaroni and cheese. Children should not believe that real macaroni and cheese comes from a box. I benefit from my career choice when it comes to food. I have chosen to provide as little processed food as possible. I will say, some days I feel like there is not an end to the dishes because of my choice! Dish pan hands here I am! I would trade the benefits of less processed foods for anything!

Back to the topic! Growing up at camp, my favorite salad dressing was French! When I returned to camp 4 years ago, I was faced with this new dressing that was purchased already prepared. It was just not the same. The following recipe has become a favorite!

Sugar 1/2 cup
Ketchup 3/4 cup
Veg Oil 1 cup
Garlic 2 cloves
White vinegar 1/2 cup
Hot sauce 1 1/2 tsp
Celery Seed 1 1/2 tsp
Chives 1 tbsp

Combine all ingredients and blend with a hand blender till smooth.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment