Over the last few days I have made several changes to the blog site! It really is a lot of fun! This blog is probably more than I ever thought it could be. Some of the changes... Mostly adding various pages to the site! Though the pages will need a lot of work in the days to come, I will enjoy it!
Last night I made oatmeal cookies. Now, originally these cookies were to end up as whoopie pies!
Once baked I felt the cookies were far to big for 4 & 5 year olds for a morning snack. So, regular cookies it was.
3/4 cup butter, softened (or butter substitute)
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp boiling water
1 large Egg white
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk ( or milk substitute)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter (or butter substitute)
Preheat oven to 425*F Lightly grease a sheet pan. Ensure the oven is set at the correct temperature. I baked these at 350*F once and found that the cookies weren't as good!
1. Cream the butter, sugar, eggs together.
2. Combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture.
3. Add the oats. Mix well.
4. Combine the baking soda and boiling water. then add it to the cookie dough.
5. Using a scoop, drop onto prepared sheet trays about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
1. Combine the egg white, vanilla, milk and 1 cup of powedered sugar. Cream well. Add the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and butter. Beat until smooth. Using about 1 tbsp of filling, spread onto bottom of one cookie, place the second cookie on top.