Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Banana Muffins with a hint of chocolate!
So, this formula includes two favorite food items for my children; Bananas and chocolate!
(Keep in mind, its a hint of chocolate)
2 ripe Medium Bananas
2 large Eggs
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup butter (or substitute), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (mini)
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add Bananas. Add eggs and vanilla.
2. In a seperate bowl combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix just to combine.
4. Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Scoop into prepared muffin tins, bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 350*F. Let cool in pan for 5 mintues. Place on cooling rack till cool.
I used a mini muffin pan. This formula produced about 60 little muffins. Place most in the freezer for another day.