Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cold Winter's Night!

These cold nights really drive cravings of food that is warm, filling and flavorful! I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, however tonight it really sounds good. So, (since it is 9 PM) tomorrow night my children and I will have meatloaf... with a few changes of course. A mix of beef and turkey is in order for this meal. One of my favorite toppings for meatloaf and lots of other main entrees is my grandma's chili sauce. A mixture of tomatoe, onion, green peppers, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, a bit of salt and cider vinegar! Because this sauce is basically fat free, it replaces the traditional gravy. Make a big batch of this sauce and place in jars, seal and have when ever you have that craving for a warm, filling and flavorful meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment