Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Turkey Toast Melts

We have been finding ourselves very limited on free time lately. It seems we are going from here to there constantly. A meal that I love to make is Turkey melts! I use left over turkey for this meal. If you have bread, turkey, mayo, onion, S&P, and cheese you are all set!

I first make a turkey salad with the mayo, onion (finely chop), S & P, and turkey. I toast the bread prior to placing the turkey salad on top. This helps to keep the bread from getting soggy.
Once toasted, place a portion of salad and a slice of cheese on top of the bread. Put the turkey melts on a sheet tray and place in the oven to melt the cheese. This step does not take very long.

I serve this meal with broccoli. There are not many vegetables that my children will eat, so I use a lot of broccoli, green beans, and peas. Other vegetables like carrots, onions, celery, and corn I chopped finely and add to mixtures like spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, turkey burgers, etc. If they don't know, they will love the meal.

So, when you are in a hurry keep left overs handy in the freezer to make quick meals like this one.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment