Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween & Parties!

So, I am not a fan of the never ending stream of sugar that is displayed to children during school parties. I probably have more issues than school parties.. but let's start there! Is trick or treating not enough of a supply of sugar? Why do we as parents' feel this need to supply the neighborhood with more and more candy? My children are young (4 & 6), I am strongly opposed to food being shoved in front of my children that is made to look like it is the best thing out there! Since my oldest child started trick or treating, I have tried to provide the opportunity to choose. I also, try to provide information! A small piece of candy, perhaps a miniature candy bar verses a banana. Which will taste better? Which will last longer? Which will sustain you better?... I am not opposed to children endulging in a piece of candy. However, I am opposed to children not be given the opportunity to make a well informed decision. In my next post, I will share a recipe that I have prepared for the last 2 years. I love having this to share with my children when a miniature chocolate bar is just not enough. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment