The original formula for these muffins was found in The Taste of Home Baking book. I have changed it about a bit to fit the needs of my family. My son is allergic to all dairy products. It is amazing how many formulas are as versatile with soy / rice products. In some recipes / formulas the soy / rice products will change the overall end result. However, I have found in most of my baking / cooking I can freely substitute these products.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup rice milk (or soy milk)
Jam - you favorite kind
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a seperate bowl combine all wet ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just to combine. Do not overmix. Overmixing will cause the muffins to be tough.
4. Prepare a muffin tin with pan spray. Place 2 tbsp of batter in each cup.
5. Place 1 tsp of jam in the center of the batter in each cup.
6. Place an additional 2 tbsp on top of the jam. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of each muffin.
7. Bake at 350*F for 15 - 25 minutes. Serve warm