There are a few recipes / formulas that always make their way to the table at Holidays. This is one of them. This formula is great at breakfast with a hot cup of coffee.. or to snack on throughout the day. :) I will worn you now, they have an addictive quality.
Book: Family Favorites
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups flour sifted
1 cup milk warm
3/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons yeast
3 eggs beaten
1. Melt butter add warmed milk. Cool till 105*F
2. Add rest of ingredients and mix. Knead 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic. Cover gently with light towel.
3. Let dough rise until double in size.
4. Punch down. Shape into cresent type roll.
Divide dough into 3 rounds. Roll out to a circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Roll each wedge from the large to small end. Place on sheet tray.
5. Let rise till double.
6. Bake 20 minutes @ 375*F.
7. Cool. Frost with buttercream.