Monday, April 5, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution



I have been reading Jamie's Food Revolution.

In his book Jamie issues a challenge to teach others to cook. In fact, the challenge is to pass it on. Sound familiar!

Originally, I started this blog to share with others about cooking / baking from scratch. I want others to acknowledge and benefit from eating foods prepared at home, not at a plant. This does not mean that you can't consume fried foods, soda, eat out on an occasion, enjoy those salty snacks. It just means that we need to reap the rewards of taking a step back in time a hundred years and cook at home. I was food shopping today and found my cart rather empty. I didn't need to buy much. If you think about it how far does a box of Au gratin potatoes go, one meal right! Now think about a gallon of milk, a pound of cheese, and 10# of potatoes. Just the potatoes alone will feed a family of 3 for about 8-10 meals. Just a thought! I figured about 5 ozs of potatoes per person per meal.

Getting back to the book - Jamie's Pass it on movement is to motivate each of us to provide recipes, cooking tips, lessons.... to 4 people. Then those 4 people will pass it on to 4 people. Each person commiting to pass it on again, again and again.

So, today I challenge each of you to find 4 people to pass it on. Ask each person to again pass it on to another 4 people, and those 4 people to pass it on to another 4 people.

Check back soon, I will pass it on!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment